My Dad is an athlete.
Ever since I can remember he has been a runner. I remember going to watch and cheer him on in different races as a child. He plays softball. He plays hockey. And pretty much if you set out to play a something, Dad would do well, whatever sport it would be.
Being homeschooled and my Dad only working 3 days a week, we had lots of time to play sports and be active. We use to play catch at least once a day. Usually for hours. SOMETIMES we played money catch, but that's a whole other post! Haha!
I have always LOVED watching and cheering my Dad on. My brother and I use to go to his late(r) night hockey games when we were younger. We'd stuff our pockets with candy and sit freezing in the score keepers box. Sometimes we'd even keep score.
My Dad is never the follower when it comes to playing, he is always a leader. Maybe not the one wearing the captions "C", but rather showing his leadership. Now Sportsmanship is a whole other topic. My Dad is a feisty hockey player. He at least sits a couple minutes a game away from his team across the ice in the lonely ol' penalty box! But that makes it more exciting, so I like it!
I never truly understood the gratitude I feel for my Dad being involved in sports till recently. His hockey team he is on now plays in this same tournament every year. I love it, because it is only 45 minutes away from us. SO we get to watch all his games.
This said tourney was last week end, and although that rink was SUPER cold, I enjoyed every minute!
I love that in this life I have parents that are do-ers. There is no lazy in either of them. I love that, whether it's playing sports, being involved, volunteering or being active. My parents are TRUE examples of what I want to be and what I want my children to be surrounded by.
Not only did I LOVE that my Dad was here playing hockey for us to see, but Jaia was in Meemo (what he calls my Dad) heaven! He cheered, he "whistled" he was just plain happy to be apart of it! SO cute to see.
This picture sorta makes my eyes well up. It is one of the cutest things for me to see my Dad with our boys. Makes my heart happy! I'm pretty sure Dad would have offered him a seat on the bench in between all those big hockey players if it were safe. Instead they made faces at each other through the glass when they got a chance!
It was a great week end spent with Daddy-o, look forward to it every year. So neat how you could stick my sister, brother and Dad (or any variation of the 4) anywhere and we could have fun and be laughing the whole time. I LOVE that.
I love you Dad! Thank you for making time for us!
Oh and I LOVE this picture!
*Jaia was NOT eating a pack of mentos, but he thought that if he got them from my bag he could just pop one in his mouth. Ummm....No! Stinker!
7 comments:
Mmm Mentos. Looks like a fun visit!
Great pictures Kaili. Looks like fun!
Love, love, love this post! I love my dad, too and am SO proud of him!
The pictures of your dad with your boys and your dad talking with Jaia from the bench are wonderful!
SO glad you could spend a weekend that way!
Love this post Kaili..you do have great parents. The apple did not fall far from the tree...one of the things that our family loves about you and your siblings is that you are such great participaters in life.
Love the pics, especially the one on the bench and the last picture. It's funny, it reminds me of pictures with Santa! Lol! Great pic. Glad fun was had by all.
Oh give the boy a Mentos Kaili!
P.S. Love the picture of your dad looking thru the glass at Jaia too. I know how hard you find it living far away from your father, so I'm happy you got a nice visit.
Love the last picture. It sounds like you guys had such a great weekend together.
Post a Comment